Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!

I took Steve out for breakfast at The Beacon, a well-known restaurant on E. Douglas Avenue in Wichita to celebrate his day.  Funny, tho, it was our first time to eat at the Beacon Restaurant.  It's only open daily from 7am-3pm, but serves breakfast all day.  It's been in operation for 40-some years and is located next to the Wichita Eagle Newspaper office.  I had the 'Hungry Man Breakfast' (2 eggs, 3 different meats, hash browns, & biscuits and gravy) and Steve had the 'Ham Steak Breakfast' (ham steak, 2 eggs, hash browns & toast).  And before you think I'm having a heart attack, I brought home the sausage, ham, and biscuits and gravy to eat tomorrow.  Steve is having the left-over ham for his breakfast too.  So there!

"The Beacon is a Wichita icon dating back several years. Located next to the offices of the Wichita Eagle/Beacon newspapers, breakfast & lunch find a full house crowd. Yet, service is efficient and food tasty. Who knows how many business deals take place here."  - from a TripAdvisor review.

The weather here in Wichita has been frightfully HOT!  We were in a heat wave last week and it looks like the temps will be warm again this upcoming week.  We're expecting upper 90's and lower 100's to read out on the thermometer!
I haven't been in the pool because the pump broke/wore out.  Steve is working on that today.  It won't be long until I'm enjoying clear, cool, water all around my body.  AHHHHHHHH.......

I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming weekend!  Not only will June 24th be my "SEXY SIXTY BIRTHDAY" but we will be having guests to help me celebrate!  Scheduled to come are Marie & her family, Lynne & husband, and my sister, Tina, and her daughter, Sadie & fiance. Plus there will be 4 dogs!  We are having a pool-side picnic on Saturday.

In reflecting on my b-day, the first thoughts that come to my mind are ...."How can I be that old?!?" and "Where did those years go?"  I remember when I thought 30 was OLD!  My, my, the years do fly by.

I couldn't end my blog without wishing my son-in-law, Jeff, a Happy Father's Day.  Or my Dad or Steve's Dad the same.  HAPPY FATHER"S DAY!

Jeff & Sam
S. Sherrill


D. Reiter


Have a GREAT day!


No comments:

Post a Comment