Tuesday, May 31, 2016

June Is Busting Out All Over!

It's hard to believe that June starts tomorrow!  The year has flown by so quickly!  I now measure the month by the activities that are occurring.  June's big events will be me dog-sitting in Colorado and my 60th birthday.

But a little bit more about some past May events....

San Antonio, TX - 2014
May 16th marked the 2-year anniversary of my bad car accident in Texas.  I can not believe how far I've come since then.  I truly credit the help and love of Jesus, my family and friends, and the many prayers with my recovery.  I could not have functioned through that time without the nursing care of my husband, Steve.

100 Years Young!
On May 21st, Steve attended the 100th Birthday Party of his Grandma Margaret Boetger in Missouri.  Margaret is his father's mother. I heard many friends and family members helped her to celebrate this milestone!

I wasn't able to accompany Steve because I was in Iowa moving my Dad out of his house. My sister, Trudy, was up from Texas with a small crew and we packed up his belongings and cleaned the house.  After Trudy and I left, my other sister, Tina helped my Dad until our brother, Tim, came up later that week to put stuff in storage and to return with Dad back to Atlanta.
Damon Dotson
While we were in the Okoboji Lakes area, we were able to attend a Full moon Party at the Barefoot Bar featuring family friend Damon Dotson.  Tina and Kevin took us by boat to the bar.  What a great time we had!  The Barefoot Bar has a concert every full moon       during the summer.  It was really nice to hear Damon sing again!  He even took a short break between songs to give Trudy and me a hug.  He's my man!!

 Now it's June and I will soon be heading out to Colorado to dog-sit when Marie, Jeff & Sam attend their annual Allen-Family summer get-together.  I'll bring Cricket with me and be there for about a week.  I always enjoy being in Fort Collins and by now I pretty much know my way around.  Wild Boar Coffee Shoppe and Rocky Mountains here I come!


On June 24th, I will be Sexy Sixty!  (I remember when I thought 30 was old!  Well, they say 60 is the new 40)  Marie and family and Lynne and Dave are planning to be here along with Tina and her daughter, Sadie and Tony (Sadie's fiance).  I'm looking forward to a cookout by the pool. And a few liquid toasts to my happiness.   Anyone else want to stop by?


Here's a family picture from Lynne and Dave's wedding last April. From L-R Jeff, Marie, Steve, Dave, Lynne, Theresa, Geoff & Jenna.  Little Sam is out front.  As I said before, the day was wonderful!

I promise to write more often!  So until next time....  Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment