Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Probst Uff Da!

I'm Back!!  It's been awhile since I've posted!
The new Mr. & Mrs.!
  The wedding is over and we have added a new son-in-law to our family.  On Saturday, April 23rd, our youngest daughter, Lynne, married her true love, Dave, in spring-y MN.  We thought we might have rain, or even snow (it has happened); but the day was warm & sunny!
  How wonderful it was to see family and old friends!  And meet new ones!  The event was held at Silverwood Park in Saint Anthony, MN.  A green nature area!
  I flew up to Minneapolis on Tuesday before the wedding and met Marie there. We finished up the wedding loose ends - making mints, hotel welcome bags, & succulent vases; buying shoes & a bridesmaid dress; etc. {Thanks for your help: Marie, Geoff, Jenna & Jojo!} My Mom always made mints for the family events and Lynne wanted mints too!  My Mom passed away in 2009; but using her mint recipe and mint molds, we made several hundred of them.
  We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Shoreview, MN.  The hotel was fabulous! - A very nice staff and accommodating to our every whim.  I couldn't have asked for more! Stay there when you're in the Twin Cities.
  Geoff was back in the States from Australia where he works for Apple.  Jenna flew with him to attend the wedding.  We hadn't seen them since last June! They head back any day now.
  On Thursday, a group of us joined at the Muddy Waters Restaurant for Lynne's bachelorette party.
  Steve arrived in MN on Friday, having just returned from the NAB Convention in Las Vegas.  My sisters, Tina and Trudy, hosted a Sherrill family get-together on the Friday night.  Almost 30 of us enjoyed food, drink & visiting!
  As I mentioned, the wedding and reception went off without a hitch. I can't wait to see the pictures!  I especially enjoyed the minister they chose for the service.
  On Sunday Steve and I traveled to Le Mars, IA, to visit with his side of the family.  We returned to KS on Monday.



  On another note, we recently received a lot or rain - 5 inches!  I couldn't believe how much the grass had grown, and continues to grow!  It's very green here in KS.

  Steve took the top tarp off the backyard pool.  This weekend, he'll remove the bottom tarp, clean out the water, and add chemicals to shock the pool.  It should be ready for swimmers in a week or so.


Lynne, Geoff & Marie






Here's a recent photo of my kids.  It was really great to get them together!

Be safe and in peace until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment