Saturday, February 20, 2016

Asking For Your Prayers

Hello, Everyone!  It's been awhile since I last posted.

The BIG NEWS is that my Dad, Stan Sherrill, is going in for his heart valve procedure (TAVR) next Wednesday, February 24.  He will also have a throat microscopy on Thursday, February 25, while in the hospital. Trudy is flying into Atlanta on Sunday and Tina will arrive on Monday. They plan to stay during the week.  Dad seems to be taking the upcoming events well, but I know he'll be glad when it's all over with.  Please include Dad in your thoughts and prayers for a successful procedure.  If you would like his address, let me know and I can send it to you.

In brighter news, the weather here has been gorgeous!  Today it was 77 degrees!  I have some plants showing already!  I hope we don't get a snow storm.

This afternoon I attended a meeting put on by the area Daughters of the American Revolution at the Midwest Historical & Genealogical Society.  I've long wanted to join the DAR organization.  Since a relative of mine, Eulalee Hendricks, is already a DAR member I won't have to prove a lot genealogical connections.  Our Revolutionary War patriot is Moses Justice from North Carolina.  I know my sister, Tina, and my cousin, Marcy, also want to join DAR.  My local chapter (club) would be DAR Flores del Sol. (Sunflower)  It's appropriate as the sunflower is the state flower of Kansas.  There are 6 DAR chapters around Wichita.  There are also chapters for men and children (SAR = Sons of the American Revolution and CAR = Children of the American Revolution).  I know there is a SAR chapter in Wichita.

I finished the Jessica Day George book I started last weekend (Silver in the Blood).  I really liked it! I would recommend it to teen readers.  Not because of any negative content but I think the story line would appeal to older readers.  I would like to read more novels by the author with the Florescu cousins in the plot.

I've turned my reading attention to a new book: Night's Child (A Detective Murdoch Mystery) by Maureen Jennings. Jennings, a Canadian author, has written 7 books in the Murdoch series; plus 2 books in the Christine Morris series, and 2 books in the Inspector Tom Tyler series, as well as a nonfiction book.  The popular TV series, "The Murdoch Mysteries" featuring the characters of   Detective William Murdoch and his co-works at the Victorian-era Toronto Constabulary is based on her Murdoch Mystery books. The TV show can be found on regular television and Seasons 1-7 are on NetFlix.  Check out this book (or TV) series!  ** See my 07-FEB entry for more about the Murdoch Mysteries series.

And finally......



No comments:

Post a Comment