Saturday, January 9, 2016

Kindness

KINDNESS
 I recently saw a post on Face Book that paraphrasing, said something like America needs Jesus to survive.  While as a Christian I would agree, I believe there's more.  Christianity is not the only way to save America.  I have always believed there were other roads to achieve this goal.  My answer is to start with KINDNESS.
   If we were all just kind to each other that would solve some problem.  Sounds naive I know.  Really how can just being kind or nice to others help?
   It wouldn't matter if you were Buddhist, Native American, Wiccan, Muslim, Christian, or even atheist.  Kindness has no religion.  It's common courtesy to the other person.  It's also respect.  I can think of no true religion that does not advocate kindness and respect for others.  Even a person who has no religion can be kind.  I don't think that Christianity has the monopoly on kindness.


   Followers of Jesus believe it is a commandment to love others as themselves and to love their neighbor.  Wouldn't you be kind to yourself?  And it shouldn't be hard to be nice to those you love.
 Remember, Christians, you might be the only Bible someone reads.
And actions speak louder than words.


  My challenge to you....  Try being kind for 1 day.  If that's too much, try being kind just at school, or work, or for so many hours.  Start small, then go big!  After one day, make it two, then five and so on.

  In other news, Sadie and Tony weren't able stay overnight on Friday.  They ran into bad weather in TX.  We're hoping we get to visit with them when they rush thru Wichita today.
  Steve has a KWCH-TV post holiday party tonight.  I'm not sure if I'm going with him or not going.
  Today is very cold (23 degrees) but it's sunny and there's no snow!

Ending this post....
No Act of Kindness is ever wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment