Friday, January 15, 2016

TGIF

TGIF.....

   Tonight Steve and I ate at the China Star, an oriental super buffet on Central Avenue.  Out of 5 stars, I give it **** (4 stars)!  The crab rangoon was good, as were the breaded crab meat bites.  I thought the spring roll had an extra 'kick' to it - maybe ginger. The usual oriental entrees were offered and this time crab legs with butter. The coconut shrimp was good, unbreaded, and covered in a coconut sauce instead. Tasty!  There were many seafood dishes - maybe because it's Friday.  I also enjoyed a delicious stuffed mushroom cap appetizer. The salad table was a little light on the offerings (I've seen better and Steve even commented about it).  [Insert New City Buffet in Mason City, IA.]  The dessert table featured cookies, small cakes, and ice cream.  The facility was clean and the wait staff was attentive.  We'll return to the China Star again.

    I finished reading my illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.  Great book.  I'm in love with Harry Potter and his wizarding world all over again!  If you can't purchase your own copy - beg, borrow, or steal one!  No, not steal. OK?  But get a copy and read/re-read it and look at the fantastic illustrations!  You won't be disappointed!

   I'm taking several books with me to read when I travel to GA.

Is this heaven?  No, it's Iowa!
   Welcome back to Iowa, Sadie and Tony!  :)  Our niece Sadie and her fiance have moved back to Iowa from sunny California.  Did you remember your winter coats!?!  Ha-Ha.  I know, not funny.

   Tim has informed me that my Dad is on a new diet. And Tim's household has committed to following the same diet program.  We call it "The Dad Diet" and Tim says just imagine cardboard on the menu.  No salt, sugar, fats, starchy carbs, oils, - and dare I say it? - no taste.  I don't use salt but not eating bread or potatoes is going to kill me!  I hear Laura [Tim's girlfriend] makes a great fruit smoothie.  Maybe I should try "The Steve Diet" which includes soup and salad for supper.

   I plan to keep my blog going while in GA, so don't forget to stop by for new entries.
   Until next time....







 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment