Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sad News For Harry Potter Fans

Sad News  

 I'm sure the Harry Potter world is reeling following the news today of the death of Sir Alan Rickman who perfected the role of Professor Severus Snape in the 8 Harry Potter Series movies.

Professor Severus Snape
  Check out this link for more information about Sir Alan Rickman: http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2016/01/14/honoring-late-alan-rickman/

Severus Snape was never my favorite HP character.  I understood his love for Lily Potter but thought he was mean to Harry. I think he is hard to understand. Of course he is important to the HP story. 
   I enjoyed Sir Alan's role as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner,  He brought both comedy and drama to the film. 
R.I. P. Sir Alan Rickman.

   Speaking of Harry Potter.....  I'm really enjoying my Illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone!  The illustrations are beautiful!  Some of them are similar to movie scenes, others are completely new.  It's been so long since I've read the series.  I've forgotten so much.  It's like coming home to revisit the series.

   Yesterday, the dog girls and I spent some time sitting out in the backyard.  The weather was very pleasant.  Sunny, light breeze. Today it's scheduled to be warmer - almost 60 degrees.  It's hard for me to imagine this warm weather in mid-January!  Sorry, Iowa, Minnesota & Nebraska.

Well, I didn't win the billion dollar lottery. Did you?  I had such grand plans. Sigh.

   Today I'm doing laundry in prep for my 2 weeks in GA.  My Dad said to bring my winter coat and an extra sweater because it's cold there. 
   I've been warming up my husband to the fact that he will have to give Nattie (one of dogs) her medicine daily.  He so happy. NOT!  Nattie has congestive heart failure and is on 3 meds to help keep it in check. Cricket, the other dog, is an old lady.  Our son, Geoff, said that "Cricket is 84 years old in dog years and that's as old as Grandpa Sherrill"!


Cricket
Nattie

   Time to go.  Have a happy Friday!






No comments:

Post a Comment