Thursday, January 7, 2016

Stepping Up!

   OK.  I'm not doing very well in the 'New You' contest.  I really need to step up my step count!  I've been rather lazy with my walking. I have 2 days left to catch up.  PUSH ME!!!
   I've been working on where guests can stay during Lynne & Dave's wedding in April.  I'm done!  I sent out info to Lynne/Dave and close family members.  The choice is between the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn.  They are across the street from each other, with same price and amenities. Steve and I are staying at the Hampton Inn.
   Our niece, Sadie and her fiance, Tony, were going to stay overnight with us Friday night en route to Iowa.  But right now they are caught in a blizzard in Arizona.  Go Figure! We may get to visit with them Saturday if they pass thru Wichita. Tony starts his new job on Monday.  [In a side bar, Lynne said there was bad weather in Santa Fe, too!]
   I've been coloring in my "Outlander" coloring book.  I found a picture of Doune Castle in Scotland to color.  Doune Castle was the model for Castle Leoch on the TV series.  Adult coloring books seem to be very vogue right now!
   This morning I scanned more photos to put on dvds for my siblings.  I'm giving the original photos to the photo subjects.  There are some really old ones of my Alberts, Samuels, Sherrill & Eid ancestors.  There are a lot of them of my parents, Mom's family, and our time with the carnival.

Jerry & Donna Samuels



Leland, Alvernia & Dewain Sherrill

.  I only wish I could go back in time and visit with the people.  What stories they could tell!  There is always something new to discover when working on family history!  BTW, I'm willing to share any family history info with other family genealogists.

At the end of my post.
 
"Pray More. Worry Less"
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did your family do in the carnival? That sounds so interesting! I am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete