Wednesday, March 9, 2016

AAAHHH! I'm Shrinking!

I had my 3 month regular doctor appointment.  I'm shrinking!  I'm down to 5 feet, 2 1/2 inches.  I've always listed my height as 5 feet 4 inches.  The doctor said it could be partly blamed on the back injuries I received in the car accident in 2014.  Remember that 1981 movie with Lilly Tomlin called The Incredible Shrinking Woman?  I feel like her. Well, that's an extreme!  In other news my psoriasis is getting worse and I'm getting set up with a dermatologist for further care. It is spreading to my face and returning to my legs. My back is covered with the plaque scabs and it really itches.  Steve puts medicated cream on it and that helps for awhile.

Tomorrow I head out to Colorado to visit Marie, Jeff & Sam.  Lynne and Dave are going to be there also.   Marie tells me that we're going to a St. Patrick's Day Parade in Fort Collins.  I bought us all shamrock headboppers.  I got Marie a green sash that says, "Kiss Me I'm Irish" and Sam a shamrock glow stick, some beads,  and green sunglasses.  Lynne can wear the green boa.  Since I AM 14% IRISH, I'll also be wearing some green. My headband says "Irish Princess."  Maybe I'll make an Irish supper of potato soup, soda bread, and Guinness cake.  Mom always served us green pancakes for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day.  I remember Steve's grandmother, Marion Boyle Wiese, always celebrated this holiday, before she passed away.


SOAP BOX ALERT: I really get tired of all the drunken Irish jokes.  So I don't use anything with a beer mug or drinking slogan on it for St. Pat's Day.  I know, I know, Guinness is a national drink of Ireland and Jameson Whiskey is too.  I guess it's a good thing I don't like the taste of either!  I do lift a glass of green beer to our Irish ancestors though.  Slainte!  (Pronounced as slawn-cha)  To your health!  Note: Use orange colored beer if your ancestors are from Northern Ireland or Ulster!
 
I got a St. Patrick's Day card from my sister Tina.  I need to send my cards out too.  I don't want to forget my friend, Terri McAtkinson!

I'm sending Get-Well wishes out for my Aunt Mary Margaret Beasley who is recuperating from cancer surgery on her face. Please say a prayer for her and keep her in your thoughts.  She says she will need plastic surgery when the stitches come out.












No comments:

Post a Comment