Friday, March 18, 2016

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

The snow started lightly falling yesterday and continued through the night.  This morning there were several inches of the white stuff to welcome us! I hadn't seen this much snow for a long time!
But did that stop me from going to the Harmony Library Book Sale here in Fort Collins?!?  No sir-ree!  Marie had cased out the book selection yesterday when she and Sam went to the library for a visit.  She told me that there were a number of Harry Potter books available.  I was missing a few volumes.  Yes, I bought some books. I was also able to purchase a copy of Strawberry Girl by Lois Lenski for my Newbery Award Winners collection.  I am always on the look-out for 1st edition books, author-signed copies and older copies that might be valuable.  Marie picked up some books for Sam, too.

Cast of "The Outsiders"
Last night I accompanied Marie to The Wild Boar, a coffee shop and cafe in Fort Collins.  It's one of our favorite places.  Then we went home where Marie, Jeff, and I watched the 1983 movie, The Outsiders.  The movie cast included Patrick Swayze, Matt Dillon, Rob Lowe, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez and Diane Lane (not pictured).  Many of the actors went on to star in popular movies.  You remember reading the book by S.E. Hinton, right?  Hinton was 16 and a junior in high school when she finished the coming-of-age novel.  It was published in 1967.  (Feel old?)


I'd like to welcome the newest addition to the family!  Congratulations to our niece Leandra and her husband, Daniel and daughter, Sophie on the birth of Riley Kay on 11-MAR-2016.  What a beautiful child.
In June, another nephew, Adam and his wife, Debraun, and daughters will welcome their new baby.

In other count-downs we are crossing off the days until Lynne and Dave's wedding in April.  Things seem to be falling into place.

Stan Update: My Dad goes in for the artery procedure today.  He was scheduled to go in at noon, GA time) but there was an emergency at the hospital so he's still waiting (4 hours later).  Hopefully it won't be much longer!!!!

Closing today with these thoughts...






No comments:

Post a Comment